Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Contemptor Dreadnought WIP 4






I managed to get 2 coats of paint airbrushed into my Contemptor Dreadnought. After the matte black basecoat, I airbrushed on scorched brown which made my model look like a chocolate followed by bleached bone. As you can see, some areas around the joints I have purposely left black/brown for the boltgun metal colored bits.
I wanted to give the model a richer sense of color depth by doing brown first followed by bone. As you can see the effect is kinda weird. It looks more like rotting flesh/nurgle/death guard color than deathwing bone.
I think tonight I will try remedying this by doing diluted layers of devlan mud in successive layers to build up the tone I’m looking for.

3 comments:

  1. Is this a pre-heresy Dark Angel contemptor? Shouldn't it be black, as the deathwing wasn't bone white until sometime after Horus' betrayal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted the bone color to match the robe color of the dark angels in the inner circles. This model can represent a venerable dreadnought as well for normal games.

    I think in the AOTE rules, under the dark angels section, it says something about them wearing green... I think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah that's cool...having it interchangeable between 30k and 40k is good.

    ReplyDelete