Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Artemis' Word Bearer Warband

As part of an escalation session running at our local gamestore, I've started a Word Bearer warband. To be honest, I don't really have any super thorough plan for this army except that I want it to include a lot of daemons. Going back to the Chaos Space Marines codex for a while is going to make a nice change from playing Blood Angels for a while and I chose Word Bearers because I wanted something quintessentially Chaos-ey. Of all the Chaos legions, Word Bearers are undoubtedly the biggest Chaos fanatics and so in my army I plan to include quite a lot of lesser daemons and greater daemons, as well as lot of vanilla Chaos Space Marine squads. Cult troops like noise marines or whatever may make their way into the list later but right now the focus is on the good old basic chaos space marine.

Week 1:

Although I already painted quite a lot of guys, we decided that we would all paint 100 points worth of stuff in the first week. So here it is:




5 marines, plus their Dark Apostle champion with power weapon (corrupted crozius). These guys are setting the feel for the rest of the army as I hope to have possessed bits all over the place (after all, they're all either a bit corrupted or mutated). Each squad is going to be led by a Minor Dark Apostle.

The Story So Far

In addition to what's been done so far, here is the whole army as it stands now.



Next up will be some more marines and a daemon prince to lead my army. The daemon prince I've actually had for a long time but haven't been able to paint because I've been stumped on how to paint his skin for ages (and skin there is a lot of). I've also got a lot of bikes to be painted which are going to act as summoning devices for daemons.

Month 2:

Word Bearers Daemon Prince





I think one of the big advantages to playing an undivided army tactically speaking is that thanks to the souless fluff rape that is the current CSM codex (and Warriors of Chaos Army Book for that matter, eg, Tzeentchian Exalted Hero + Collar of Khorne combo) you can give anyone any mark you want, even though you're undivided. So there's a number of different ways I might run him:
Wings, Mark of Tzeentch, Warptime, Breath of Chaos
Wings, Mark of Nurgle, Warptime
Wings, Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Slaanesh
Wings, Mark of Khorne.... no, wait, thats just silly.
Generally speaking, he'll most likely be worth around 175 points which means theres still 25 points left to fill for this month's escalation...

Month 3

The Chosen Bearers of the Word:






4 comments:

  1. A daemon with Mark of Khorne is not silly when you're building a Khorne themed warband led by one.... :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you had so many of these guys done up! Looks awesome man!

    ReplyDelete